CV, resume, a brief history of work
Sharon Anne Kean
User-centric design thinking. Excitable, empathetic and enthusiastic leader of/glue within cross functional teams working with data, UX and tech to change the world. Gravitate towards ‘product’ jobs and places with passionate people. Hands-on UX/tech/data skills, embracer of radical change.
I’ve worked in both start-ups and large organisations, across a whole host of sectors. Love a challenge.
Product Director – Bloom & Wild, 2015 – present
Bloom & Wild is redefining the UK flower gifting experience. We aim to make flowers easy to order on-the-go, easy to receive through the letterbox, and easy to enjoy for longer. Responsible for product and technology.
Head of Tech Delivery – Zopa, 2013-2015
Responsible for improving and upscaling x5 Agile product delivery teams and ultimately the technology that powers peer-to-peer lending at Zopa. Direct reports including Product Owners, Scrum Masters, UX designers and Quality Assurance specialists.
- delivering best in class service design to Zopa customers
- developing and improving Lean/Agile practices
- technology delivery (from prototyping through to final production)
- increasing tech capability as Zopa becomes an enterprise level company
Product Manager – Race for Life / Cancer Research UK, 2012-2013
Scrum Product Owner for digital tech supporting for UK’s largest women-only series of fundraising events. Mobile projects lead for digital team. Direct reports including x4 digital executives and project manager.
- event participation increased/met target for the first time in 5 years
- introduced PayPal to acquisition channels and improved JustGiving integration
- website rebrand project and end-to-end build of native app (apple and Android) from prototype to full launch
Digital Content Team, Government Digital Service (GDS), 2012
Contract role in an Agile team designing and delivering digital content in the run-up to the launch of the award-winning gov.uk.
Digital Manager, City of Melbourne / That’s Melbourne, 2011-2012
Contract product/UX role using Lean practices to deliver digital tech supporting large-scale tourism, events and corporate websites and social media channels run by the leading city council in Melbourne.
Online Communications Manager, UK Ministry of Defence, 2009-2011
Production of the website and blog of one of the largest UK Government departments. This included secondments travelling around the world to report/source content on British Army operations (including Afghanistan).
Press Officer and Communications Manager, UK Home Office, 2007-2009
Media relations for the high profile news desk of one of the UK’s busiest Government departments, dealing with press stories about immigration, terrorism and policing in the UK. Co-ordinating media briefings, press releases and providing presentational advice to ministers.
Press Officer, Department for Work and Pensions, 2006-2007
Freelance Journalist, Various, 2004-2006
- University of Bath MSc Science, Culture and Communication, 2004
- University of Bristol BSc Biochemistry (Hons) 2:1, 2003
Assorted courses and professional development
- Mind the Product Lean Product Management, 2015
- Rails Girls Various Ruby on Rails courses, 2014
- Nielsen Norman Group Complex Applications and Websites, 2014
- Nielsen Norman Group User-Centred Design, 2013
- Nielsen Norman Group Mobile User Experience, 2013
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner, 2013
- Nielsen Norman Group Information Architecture, 2012
- Nielsen Norman Group Wireframing and Prototyping, 2012
- Webcredible HTML 5, 2012
- Sticky Content Writing for mobile, 2012