More about me
Experienced product leader, focused on UX, tech & start-ups. Empathetic, enthusiastic, love a challenge.
I’m currently Product Director at Bloom & Wild, where we’re building best-in-class user experience and technology that powers flower delivery. It’s a cool idea – flowers through the letterbox, ordered in under a minute via your digital device of choice.
User experience (or UX, if you like) is at the centre of all my work, whether it’s designing prototypes or managing a cross-functional teams. I’m interested in how people think, feel and do, and applying this to the design of products and services that solve genuine problems and user needs.
I’m also close to the tech and have grown development teams from single digits to multiple Scrum teams, and have tried and tested most flavours of Agile and Lean inspired processes along the way.
I’ve worked for both small and large organisations, across a variety of sectors. Currently immersed in London’s exciting and ambitious tech start-up scene.
Interests & experience
- design thinking – as a way of life
- user-centred design (researching, prototyping, testing, customer journey mapping, heuristics)
- Agile principles (Scrum/Lean/Kanban) – with the experience and sense not to stick to the textbook
- service design and delivery (people and processes surrounding/enabling digital services)
- product management (in many of its varied guises)
- qualitative and quantitative analysis (Google Analytics, SQL, etc)
- websites (IA, content strategy, navigation, UI design, HCI)
- fin-tech (loan origination and credit scoring, inc machine learning)
- start-ups (people, team and process development; rapid growth and
- development; lean/MVP)
- APIs/3rd party integrations (payments, credit scoring, JustGiving)
- mobile/tablet apps (design and build)
- idea generation and new product development (facilitating, prototyping, project management)
- digital marketing (SEO, PPC, CRM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
A short history
USA. Bristol. London. All over the place. Melbourne. London.
Journalism and digital comms management in a past life. Now UX design, tech, data and product management. For the better.
Interested in how people use things (technology, especially), and how things make life better (or easier). This is also known as user-centric design or user experience or UX or service design. I’m currently using this to help futurise flower gifting at Bloom & Wild.
Mainly: people, sketching, empathy, post-its, listening, data
Also: content, code, gadgets, black, white, grey
And: making these things work together to create great things
Time off: jmfmull, coffee, bikes, beer, music, far-flung lands and adventures
Cheltenham Science Festival
BBC Focus magazine
Ministry of Defence
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
City of Melbourne
Bloom & Wild
For fun and free tickets